Positive experiences in sport and physical activity are critical to developing healthy kids and building healthy communities. The Play It Forward Award Fund supports organizations that are providing access to physical activity and sport opportunities for youth throughout Oregon. This funding will support organizations focusing on elementary and middle school youth.
The goal of this fund is to increase access to sport across the state of Oregon, targeting those with the least opportunity. This fund will give nine $5,000 grants, three per season (fall, winter and spring), to deserving organizations throughout the 2016-2017 school year. Over the course of the year we will aim for broad diversity in funded organizations.
Projects must serve individuals within the state of Oregon.
You must be a 501(c)(3) public charity with an annual operating budget of less than $750,000.
The following are NOT Eligible for Funding:
- Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities
- Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular and community focus
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, ethnic group, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other class status protected by applicable law
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal activities
This grant cycle will open on September 15, 2016 with grant applications being accepted on a rolling basis until May 30, 2017. Projects can only apply once during this time period.
The Grant Selection Committee will be comprised of Nike employees, Providence Health & Services employees, a representative from the Oregon Sports Awards and a representative from the Oregon Sports Authority Foundation.
How To Apply:
Step 1: Is your project eligible? Please review the Eligibility Guidelines above.
Step 2: Is your project competitive? Please review the Funding Priorities.
Step 3: To apply, please complete the application form provided below.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Play It Forward Award, please visit the Play It Forward section on the Oregon Sports Awards site.